Monday, May 27, 2013

Drew Turned 2!

I should have started this blog forever ago, but now is better than never. I am a perfectionist and so sometimes I feel like if I can't get something perfect it is not worth doing. That needs to change so here is my first ever blog post! Facebook no longer seems to be a place for me that I draw inspiration and good things from. Not all of it is bad I just feel like I am missing out on so much more. Blogging is like a journal and I need to start capturing the sweet little moments of my son and family. This is a picture of Drew I took this weekend at my BIL's family farm. They had 2 cream colored Shetland ponies and there was also a beautiful mare with a baby colt. Drew had such a blast and the trip was made complete by my Nieces and Nephew who lovingly took him on rides with the pony.
By the way you can see down in the bottom right corner of my photo it says Stork Landing Photography. That folks would be the very beginnings of a future photography name and plan to photograph babies and children. My style is more raw images of  children in there natural state (less posing etc.) and lots of natural lighting. I think there is a time and place for posing in a studio with a beanie on and lots of fun crocheted clothes and props (even I can't help it sometimes) but I also just love a baby in a onesie or a newborn in a diaper. Although it won't be up for a long time my photography site will be www.storklandingphotography.blogspot.com check back in a few months or so. I have a lot to learn still and yes people I am jumping onto the photography bandwagon. I know it is a big trend right now but I think we live in such a great time of talent! Pinterest, DIY photography, and blogging opens so many doors for business, making money, art expression and cultivating your talents. I am so excited to start this blog and hope you will all enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment